The Love Song Deconstructed

Because deconstructed is different than destroyed, because Valentine's Day is nearly here, because the love song will never truly die.

Stream online here:

Download for iTunes here: The Love Song Deconstructed.mp3

Whoa there, Valentine's Day haters. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know, we know... We've heard all the complaints about manufactured holidays, but what is not manufactured are these remarkable feelings, these thoughts of love, in love, about love. There's nothing on these cuts that is any different, ANY different, than the classic love songs from the likes of The Righteous Brothers, the Ronettes and so on, except the delivery.

The subject matter is the same as is the depth of emotion. These cuts are here because they are the same prism viewed from a different point of view. Just as our love and changes and evolves, these songs mean something different each time we hear them. In that regard, they more closely reflect love itself than many other classics.

Now go grab someone you love and have a dance.

-Duke Wilbury

If you have any suggestions, bitches, gripes, complaints or praise, email the Duke right here: Dukewilbury@gmail.com

The tracks:
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart - Wilco
The Night - Morphine
Last Kiss - J. Frank Wilson & The Cavaliers
My Funny Valentine - Chet Baker
Needles and Pins - The Searchers
Not Fade Away - Buddy Holly & The Crickets
I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need - Method Man & Mary J. Blige
Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
Dark End of the Street - Cat Power
Jolene - Ray LaMontagne
Nineteen - Tegan and Sara
Sign Your Name - Terence Trent D'Arby
That's Where It's At - Sam Cooke
The Whole Wide World - Wreckless Eric
Overjoyed - Stevie Wonder
Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones
A Man Needs a Maid - Neil Young
The Ship Song - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
You're All I Need to Get By - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
In My Life - Johnny Cash
Giving Him Something He Can Feel - En Vogue
Love Vigilantes - Iron & Wine
Oh, It Is Love - Hellogoodbye
I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues - Elton John
A Song For You - Donny Hathaway
By Your Side - CocoRosie
Romeo & Juliet - Dire Straits
Romeo Had Juliette - Lou Reed
Closer - Nine Inch Nails
I Found a Reason - Cat Power
I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
Bonnie and Clyde '03 - Beyonce feat. Jay-Z
I'm On Fire - Bruce Springsteen
Sexual Healing - Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
Me & My Bitch - Notorious B.I.G.














Share

Comments

Popular Posts