Our Fathers and Their Sons

An Ear Candy Update celebrating the music our fathers gave us.

Stream online here:

Download for iTunes here: Fathers.mp3


This poster is yours. Steal it. Do with it what you will.

Dad,

This is all your fault. Seriously. I wouldn't have this addiction, this music jones if it weren't for you. Turns out I'm not interested in not having it. You gave me, among other things, these songs, all the songs in my archive. Some directly, others indirectly. You did this.

And yet, I found a voice among them and a voicelessness. Somehow these songs and thousands of others speak to me and for me. And they force me to smile or cry incomprehensible, to dance, to be silly, to grounded from the lightning. They force me to go on beatifically in the face of mortality knowing that our lives our more ill-writ and ill-rhymed and fleeting than any of these songs.

And each time I listen I am endlessly reincarnated. Born of truth.

And because of that, this story does not have an end.

Thank you. I am forever your son.

If you have any suggestions, bitches, gripes, complaints or praise, email me right here: Dukewilbury@gmail.com

The tracks:
Born on the Bayou (Live) - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
Psycho Killer - The Talking Heads
Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting - Elton John
Children of the Revolution - T-Rex
Soul Kitchen - The Doors
Street Hassle - Lou Reed
Harvest - Neil Young
Cry for the Bad Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Billy Jack - Curtis Mayfield
Bad Company - Bad Company

Share

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts