The Bottle Is Empty

An Ear Candy Update about child abuse, depression, suicide, alcoholism, rehab, and recovery.

This image is yours to do whatever you'd like with.



















Stream online here: 

Download for iTunes here:
The Bottle is Empty.mp3

My first broadcast as me. Duke Wilbury is in hiding, his whereabouts currently unknown. This podcast was too important, to personally significant to hide behind the Duke.

This show is about what caused my descent into alcoholism, and my fight back. It's all here, more or less, in a way that may offend some, provide clarity for others, and maybe, just maybe be an inspiration for others to get some help.

You can do that here:
www.aa.org
www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
http://www.preventchildabuse.org

If you'd like to contact me directly you can do that here:
dukewilbury@gmail.com

Here are the tracks:

  1. Help! - The Beatles
  2. 63% - Christopher Titus
  3. Mother's Little Helper - The Rolling Stones
  4. Animal - Pearl Jam
  5. Mother and Child Reunion - Paul Simon
  6. Hold My Life - The Replacements
  7. What's the Frequency, Kenneth - R.E.M.
  8. Cure for Pain - Morphine
  9. Lust for Life - Iggy Pop
  10. Just a Thought - Gnarls Barkley
  11. Strawberry - Everclear
  12. Working Class Hero - John Lennon
  13. Weigh, Hey and Up She Rises - The Irish Rovers
  14. San Diego Serenade - Tom Waits
  15. Slipping Away - The Rolling Stones
  16. A Kiss Before I Go - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
  17. Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space - Spiritualized
  18. Where is My Mind? - The Pixies
  19. Lithium - Nirvana
  20. Mr. Self Destruct - Nine Inch Nails
  21. Bring the Pain - Method Man
  22. Lost Highway - Hank Williams
  23. The Good Times are Killing Me - Modest Mouse
  24. I Miss Drinking - Ben Roy
  25. Suicidal Thoughts - Notorious B.I.G.
  26. Ball & Chain - Social Distortion
  27. Can't Stand Me Now - The Libertines
  28. Bad - U2
  29. A Long December - Counting Crows
  30. Games People Play - Joe South
  31. Life By the Drop - Stevie Ray Vaughan
  32. Reason to Believe - Bruce Springsteen
  33. Peace in the Valley - Alabama 3
  34. Times Like These - Foo Fighters






Comments

  1. I've always looked up to you, Jason. Your intellect and wit were always impossible to ignore. Knowing that you survived such an unbearable childhood has quintupled my respect for who you are and what you've become. I always assumed you were too cool for the kind of sincerity you're allowing yourself here. I applaud your bravery and consider you a personal hero. Stay with me, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I cannot thank you enough for such a heartwarming and sincere comment. You're one of a kind, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gritty, real, and salient. I can see parallels to my own personal struggles. And yes, Effexor is the best! It takes a lot of introspection and honesty to be in the place you are now. The clarity that comes from looking through a lens not soaked in booze is a wonderful monstrosity. Keep hope alive, brother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts