My Vinyl Oldies Childhood

An Ear Candy Update pulled directly from my collection of oldies vinyl 45s.

This poster is yours. Steal it and share it everywhere.















Stream online here:  

 Download for iTunes here: My Vinyl Oldies Childhood.mp3

If you have any suggestions, bitches, gripes, complaints or praise, email Duke right here: Dukewilbury@gmail.com

Share
For years I've been assembling a collection of 45 rpm records that best help me remember the joy and wonder of my childhood. I tuned out the Top 40 and tuned into 94.9 WIBM out of East Lansing, Michigan. WIBM was the very first oldies radio station in America. They focused  on tunes from the birth of rock and roll until the end of the British Invasion. You were gonna hear "I Wanna Hold Your Hand," but not "Purple Haze." Time went by, the station got reformatted, I moved away, life went on. But those sounds stuck with me, guided me, formed a bedrock upon which I would continue to build my House of Wax. I put just 18 of these 45s through the digital conversion process but they're 18 amazing tracks. You get to hear all the snaps, crackles and pops for the authentic feel. Thanks for listening - Jason 
The tracks:

  1. Let's Dance - Chris Montez
  2. Little Bit o' Soul - The Music Explosion
  3. Everyday People - Sly & The Family Stone
  4. I Can See for Miles - The Who
  5. Glad All Over - The Dave Clark Five
  6. Five O'Clock World - The Vogues
  7. The Pied Piper - Crispian St. Peters
  8. Come and Go With Me - The Del-Vikings
  9. The Boy from New York City - The Ad Libs
  10. Bend Me, Shape Me - The American Breed
  11. Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie - Jay & The Techniques
  12. The Wonder of You - Elvis
  13. In the Year 2525 - Zager & Evans
  14. Rhythm of the Rain - The Cascades
  15. Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye - Steam
  16. Midnight Confessions - The Grass Roots
  17. Sweet City Woman - The Stampeders 
  18. The Rapper - The Jaggerz




Comments

Popular Posts