Authentic Material

Dedicated to J.J. Cale. Requiescat in pace

This poster is yours. Share it and steal it at will.



















Stream online here:



Download for iTunes here:
Authentic Material.mp3


If you have any suggestions, bitches, gripes, complaints or praise, email Duke right here: Dukewilbury@gmail.com

Share

The idea was to do a show about cover songs. The problem with that is there are far too many stone cold brilliant covers out there to make this show come in at a reasonable time. During my preparations for Hari Kari I had an insight. How about I do a show during which I blast the original versions of fantastic covers. So then I began the research. I had NO idea Istanbul (Not Constantinople) was a cover by They Might Be Giants. Stunned. And Jet Airliner? Who knew? This was an absolutely brilliant time to put together. I hope you're still capable of awe and I certainly hope you turn all these up. Maybe even dance a little bit.

-Jason

The tracks:

  1. Good Lovin' - The Olympics    
  2. Do-Wah-Diddy - The Exciters    
  3. The Twist - Hank Ballard    
  4. The Tide is High - The Paragons    
  5. Police & Thieves - Junior Murvin    
  6. Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - The Four Lads    
  7. I've Got My Mind Set On You - James Ray    
  8. Hanging On the Telephone - The Nerves    
  9. (There's) Always Something There To Remind Me - Sandie Shaw    
  10. New York Groove - Hello    
  11. I Love Rock 'N Roll  - The Arrows and Friends    
  12. Cum On Feel The Noize - Slade    
  13. Jet Airliner - Paul Pena    
  14. Me And Bobby McGee - Kris Kristofferson    
  15. The Long Black Veil - Lefty Frizzell    
  16. Piece of My Heart - Erma Franklin    
  17. Time Is On My Side - Irma Thomas   
  18. Hard To Handle - Otis Redding    
  19. Mambo #5 - Perez Prado Orchestra    
  20. Kitty - Racey    
  21. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding - Brinsley Schwarz    
  22. Louie Louie - Richard Berry    
  23. I Want Candy - The Strangeloves    
  24. I Think We're Alone Now - Tommy James & The Shondells    
  25. Hound Dog - Big Mama Thornton    
  26. Downtown Train - Tom Waits     
  27. After Midnight - J.J. Cale

Comments

  1. Some of the originals sound way better than the covers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts