Black Lives Matter

An Ear Candy Update podcast 


On this day in 1788 the Constitution was ratified, a document which, when written, declared slaves to be 3/5 a human being for the purpose of Congressional representation and taxes. Three fifths a human being. 

No one has ever federalized the National Guard to ensure I could attend public school. No one has made fun of my name for being too ethnic. I can wear my hair in uniform in a natural style - the way it grows out of my head. I have seen people with my skin tone portrayed positively in the media, in film, television, in art, and with toys. No one has ever followed me around a convenient store or shop because of my skin tone. My skin has protected me as I went about ordinary activities outside of my home. No one ever had to take a case to the Supreme Court of these United States to ensure I could vote or marry whomever I wanted. I can learn about racism and not experience it. These are my privileges. 

On this episode of the Ear Candy Update, I don't say a word. That is also my privilege. This episode is about the Black experience in America, and I'm not qualified to speak about it. I have featured former Associate Justice Thurgood Marshall, news reports, and spoken word pieces in addition to the music. I stand committed to the Black Lives Matter movement using my privilege and my platform. I am committed to the fair treatment of all. 
                                                                                         

Stream:

Download: Black Lives Matter

The tracks:
  • Thurgood Marshall interview
  • Pigs Feet - Terrace Martin, feat. Denzel Curry, Daylyt, Kamasi Washington & G. Perico
  • The Bigger Picture - Lil Baby
  • Loving vs. Virginia - CBS News report
  • Get Up, Stand Up - Bob Marley & The Wailers
  • Wake Up Everybody - John Legend and The Roots feat. Melanie Fiona and Common
  • Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) - Marvin Gaye
  • Medgar Evers report - The History Channel
  • Perfect Way to Die - Alicia Keys
  • Juneteenth
  • Juneteenth - Black-ish
  • Black Parade - Beyoncé
  • Grammy performance - Kendric Lamar, Bono & The Edge, Dave Chappelle
  • 2020 Riots: How Many Times - Trey Songz
  • Voter Suppression
  • Body Cast - Due Saleh
  • Untitled Freestyle - LL Cool J
  • I Can't Breathe - H.E.R.
  • Thurgood Marshall interview
  • Mathematics - Mos Def
  • How Can We Win - Kimberly Jones
  • Shut 'Em Down - Public Enemy
  • Breonna Taylor new report - Good Morning America
  • Charming Racism - Trevor Noah
  • Lockdown - Anderson Paak
  • Might Not Be Okay - Kenneth Whalum feat. Big K.R.I.T.
  • Muhammad Ali & Bundini Brown
  • Chauvin Charged - WCCO News
  • Rayshard Brooks - Atlanta
  • Morning in America - Durand Jones & The Indications
  • Get Up - T. Pain
  • Thurgood Marshall interview
  • Otherside of America - Meek Mill
  • Sacramento - Chris Thomas - ABC 10 anchor, Sacramento
  • Time Has Come Today - The Chambers Brothers

Comments

Popular Posts