The Boys of Summer

A view of American life as seen through the prism of it's greatest invention: baseball.



This is poster is yours. Steal it. Borrow it. Use it at will.

Stream online here:


Download for iTunes here:
The Boys of Summer.mp3

It is altogether impossible for me to describe my feelings for America's game in a single episode of the Ear Candy Update. Truth is it would take me several days of recording to encapsulate my feelings thoroughly. All things considered, I feel I've done as well as I can on this particular edition.

If you have any suggestions, bitches, gripes, complaints or praise, email me right here: Dukewilbury@yahoo.com

The tracks:
Take Me Out to the Ballgame - King Curtis
Baseball Bugs - Mel Blanc and Looney Tunes
Babe Ruth Radio Call - 1927
Clubhouse Stomp - The New York Hawks
Jackie Robinson Radio Call '56 World Series - Bob Wolff
Baseball Boogie - Mabel Scott
Bobbie Thompson's Shot Heard 'Round the World - Russ Hodges
Baseball Theme - Vince Guaraldi Trio
Joe DiMaggio Radio Call - 1937 - Red Barber
Joltin' Joe DiMaggio - Les Brown & His Orchestra
Centerfield - John Fogerty
Casey At the Bat - London Philharmonic Orchestra, Stephen Simon & Yadu
Walt Whitman Quote - Garrison Keillor
Pound Cake - Lester Young
Who's On First - Abbott & Costello

Share

Comments

Popular Posts